Sunday 22 April 2012

Final Digipak



This was one of the first designs I created.
During the digipak creation process, our group decided to each design a panel. We had the freedom to be creative and it allowed everyone to involve themselves. I'm really happy with the outcome, I think it looks fantastic and from the feedback we had from our media classmates, they also seemed to like it. Firstly I gave our group some ideas of stereotypical 'indie' CD's, some CD's I brought from home and others I grabbed from the internet as examples. This gave us an idea of how far artistically we could go, because the research showed us, band/artist images didn't necessarily take up 6 panels on a digipak. I took the back panel to design, Marissa took the front, Radhika took the middle, and Mark also took the middle. We decided that we needed a colour theme to stick to, primarily so that we could follow this theme in our other ancillary task (Magazine advert). We decided to keep to black and white and add hints of colour; these colours were to be used on wording. I spent a lot of time researching abstract black and white images and I was particularly drawn to images of the heart and arteries. I thought this related to the heartache of the song with the feelings of longing and undying love that the character had in the video. So this is why I chose the final back panel to be based around the black and white heart image. Marissa worked really well with editing and photo-shopping images; she twisted and played around with colours and designs. I gave her some images that I took whilst on holiday, and she played around with them and included them in her final panel, I thought they came across really well.
This is the final back panel design, with the colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment