Wednesday 12 October 2011

Noah And The Whale on Jools Holland 11/10/11 & a live performance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b016177d/Later_Live..._with_Jools_Holland_Series_39_Episode_4/


There is also this really nice video of Noah and the Whale performing Blue Skies live, so I've put the video below for everyone to watch. There is a great bit of explanation about the concept, by some members of the band at the end of the video. I find that it helps to understand the creative drive of the band, which inspired the lyrics and even though our group wants to create something completely different and unique, it would be very hard not to follow some of the essence of the original, otherwise it won't fit with the song. I think one of the main reasons why, our group decided this was the best song for us to use, is primarily based on the beautiful lyrics. In my opinion it’s a heart-warming song, but there is room to contrast this image; which would be an interesting challenge. I don't think I'll get bored of this song, during the long editing process. Unlike last year, when I produced a promo video for The Wombats- Tokyo, having to edit it constantly makes the repetitive nature of the song annoying. It sort of puts you off the song you liked so much in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment